Monday, November 12, 2012

More Photos from the Great Regional Science Conference in Ottawa, Canada

I do find it rather amazing that, although I was born in Canada, until the 59th Annual North American Meetings of the Regional Science Association International, which recently took place in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, I had never been to Ottawa, Canada's capital!

In my previous blogpost, I wrote about the wonderful dinner in honor of  Professor David E. Boyce, that was hosted by Professor Yoshiro Higano of Japan and the accompanying ceremony and also included several photos taken at the very memorable evening.

I often include photos in my blogposts because then one gets a sense of different locations, the atmosphere there, and, of course, the people and sights.

Below I have posted several photos taken at the conference. The first photo below is a snapshot of the view from my window at the Westin hotel that was the conference venue. The other photos were taken at the RSAI Fellows luncheon,  at the coffee breaks,  of my very own session speakers, and at a special session to honor the great contributions of Professor John Quigley, who passed away this year.

 In a separate blogpost I will be writing and including photos of the awards luncheon that took place at the conference this past Saturday.