Wednesday, October 17, 2012

And the Winner of the 2012 WORMS (Women in Operations Research and the Management Sciences) Award Is

I am on sabbatical now in Sweden and have been attending the Future Urban Transport Conference, which just finished up today in Gothenburg, Sweden.

Several of my doctoral students (present and former) were at the 2012 INFORMS Conference in Phoenix, Arizona and forwarded me the photos below from the WORMS luncheon.

This is one of my favorite fora and the WORMS Award Luncheon is always a favorite event.

Although I could not make it this year, it was great to have part of my network there. In addition, the Isenberg School of Management at UMass Amherst, where I am a faculty member, was one of the sponsors of the lunch.

Congratulations to this year's WORMS Award winner, Dr. Vicki Sauter of the University of St. Louis, Missouri!

I have served as the Chair of the award committee in a previous year and am also a recipient of this award, and it means a tremendous amount to me.